[Gasification] No time for beer in Munich- there's a real live imbert gasifier here

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Sat Oct 30 13:19:18 CDT 2010

Hallo Jim,
nice to know you enjoyed the GM just like I did both times I visited it - must
be 30 + years ago.
The beer is good, too, but we also had good stuff at Zellingen.

"just basic steel and surprisingly mediocore welding. it was funny to
see so many of the same problems and needs solved on the imbert in the
same hack manner many of us still do with a welder and a hammer. i saw
little lost knowledge to rediscover. i saw lots of expedience,
simplicity, and band aids."

|||Those were hard times, self earned of course. People I talked to who had
lived that time told me everything good was reserved for military production,
civil items were welded together by any means, gas mostly or with crap
electrodes and by those workers ( very often unskilled women and compulsary
labour) the war could spare.
And god knows how often they fixed broken weldings after a unlit night drive
over badly worn roads full of potholes. My parents told me amazing stories
about improvising and survival.
Plain sheet steel was everything they had, anything noble went into weapons.
With the same effort in civil achievements, Hitler would have won any war
without fighting one...

If you ever have a chance to see the Verkehrsmuseum Luzern (CH) , go.
It is smaller than the DM but really woth your while.

I went to the Valladolid Biomass Energy Show and showed some pictures of the
PP around. Great response!
We would have triumphed !
Next year perhaps...
Rolf