[Gasification] Gasification Digest, Vol 8, Issue 6

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Fri Apr 15 03:06:21 CDT 2011

Hallo Dr. Karve,
thank you for your description.This sounds very convincing.
I shall soon be confronted by a similar problem, too and I am looking for a
continuous process solution.
We are beginning to produce quality chip from brushwood and we want to sieve
the fines away and use them for charcoal.

Also in our case, transport of the fines is prohibitive, so I want to make a
mobile platform.
I have also thought about the  cold char acting as a filter for the tars in
the destillation fumes so as to enrich the biochar with these, but so far I
have never found any comments on this.
The filtered gases would go through an engine to be completely burnt.

What do you use as a binder?

best regards
Rolf Uhle
Spain