[Gasification] effect of steam on tar and soot production during pyrolysis?

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:16:01 CDT 2011

Greetings List, Jim, Pannirselvam.

I now re-read your initial post, and wonder quoting you..

Quote: "we know we can do this by reducing
>> pyrolysis temp and slowing the ramp rate, but will steam also help
>> with this?" < End Quote:

Reducing Pyrolysis Temperature ????? this is exactly where tars and
PAH's are created in the first place.

Sorry Jim, I'll back out of this conversation now, as we are in two
different worlds as to what makes a gasifier work correctly.

Greg Manning