[Gasification] Two piston ecomotor?

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:47:29 CDT 2011

Hi Pete

Eco motor is  innovative  modern  IC engine  evolution

You can see video , animated pictuures too

http://www.ecomotors.com/

The opoc® engine comprises two opposing cylinders per module, with a
crankshaft between them -- each cylinder has two pistons moving in opposite
directions. This innovative design configuration eliminates the
cylinder-head and valve-train components of conventional engines, offering
an efficient, compact and simple core engine structure. The result is an
engine family that is lighter, more efficient and economical, with lower
exhaust emissions.

EcoMotors' opoc® engine has a number of distinct advantages over traditional
internal combustion engines. The opoc® engine has very high power density of
nearly one horsepower per pound resulting in an unprecedented lightweight
and compact engine. The opoc® engine is perfectly balanced enabling
stackable power modules. This unique modular displacement capability is one
of the long standing, but elusive goals of engine engineers' quest for high
efficiency. In addition, it also results in much less NVH than a
conventional engine of comparable power. Its elegantly simple design allows
for low cost, efficient manufacturing and increased operating durability:

   - 50 percent fewer parts than a conventional engine
   - Straightforward assembly
   - No cylinder heads or valve-train
   - Uses conventional components, materials and processes

"Consistent with our leadership strategy, Navistar continues to seek
innovative products which differentiate us from the marketplace, while
others embrace the status quo," said Eric Tech, president, Navistar Engine
Group.

*Power Density*

The internal combustion piston engine has been the primary means of
automotive propulsion for more than a century. Today, thousands of engineers
around the world are hard at work trying to improve this 19th century
invention. Some are striving to make incremental gains; some are hoping for
a breakthrough. For all of them, one measuring stick is the "acid test" for
any engine -- power density. As greater power density is achieved, a range
of critically important attributes will result, including:

   - Lower weight
   - Smaller size
   - Lower material costs
   - Lower friction
   - Greater fuel efficiency
   - Lower emissions
   - Lower heat rejection

*Electrically Controlled Turbocharger*

EcoMotors' intellectual property also includes an electrically controlled
turbocharger technology which incorporates an electric motor in the turbo
assembly to regulate boost pressure resulting in a long list of unique
advantages:

   - Improved combustion efficiency to meet emissions
   - Electrically controlled variable compression ratio
   - Improved vehicle fuel economy
   - Enhanced vehicle drivability due to improved low-end torque
   - Eliminates Turbo lag
   - Waste heat recovery by generating electricity

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Pete & Sheri <spaco at baldwin-telecom.net>wrote:

> What is a two piston ecomotor?****
>
> ** **
>
> Pete Stanaitis****

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and