[Gasification] Charcoal Reduction Mill

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Thu Aug 25 22:55:53 CDT 2011

Dear List,

What would be the best style of mill to reduce weed and soft wood
charcoal (mostly weed). This would be for charcoal Fireball production.
All advice will be appreciated.

Reduction might be 2 mm to dust. Enough dust to fill in the larger 2 mm
particles. Might be possible to have some particles larger than 2 mm.

Production is difficult for me to pin down but lets say 400 lbs/hr (180
kg/hr). More is better but less would be OK for now. The more I think
about it a lot less would work for now.

Would a farm hammer mill with cyclone bagger be a formula for a dust
storm?

Clueless,

Jeff