[Gasification] Charcoal Reduction Mill

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sat Aug 27 23:01:20 CDT 2011

Hi Mark,

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 21:10 -0700, Mark E. Ludlow wrote:
> keep everything in the milling and collection system at less than
> atmospheric pressure.

OK, I see what your saying now... Your correct that the blower produces
a vacuum in the mill BUT NOT in the collection system or at least that's
my understanding of this type of mill. It's my understanding that they
are used to separate husks from the kernels of what ever kind of seeds.
The kernels end up in a bag and the husks get blown out. Sometimes these
old mills will have a selection of screens with them.

I'm sure the time will run out before I decide which way to turn but
they are somewhat common but this one looks nice and the price is good
and he is willing to ship it.

Now I'm kind of leaning towards the ball mill for the simple fact that
it could be sealed and I would not run the risk of creating a major dust
storm. The down side  is that it would be a batch system.

Jeff