[Gasification] Fluidyne Update Photos.

Alex English english at kingston.net
Wed Dec 7 05:44:46 CST 2011

Doug ,Tom,

Although the dazzling blue flame is but the revealing  icing on your
linear gasifier cake. I have a question about it. Did InstrumenTom
measure its exhaust? Numbers?

"With all gas going to the flare stack, this flow of 147 scft/min made
an impressive flare roughly 2m high. In this mode, considerable
information is obtained from the flare, especially the presence of
carbon blacks, or tars, which contaminate the feathery ends of the outer
edges."

When I see changes in the feathery ends of the outer edges, I'm inclined
to think that it is from the formation of compounds formed within an
oxygen starved portion of the flame.
If black carbons or tars where carried over from the gasifier might you
not see them glowing  lower down in the flame as well?
Can you make the flare flame tips change colour by pushing it rich?

Thanks for posting the report.

Alex