[Gasification] gasifier type updarft use rice husk

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:32:26 CST 2011

Dear Luke,
Your message reminds me of a conversation in the course of which
somebody said that coffee was a slow poison. An old man agreed with him,
saying that it was indeed a very slow poison, because he had been
drinking it for the last 90 years. Roasted coffee, by the way, is a
torrefied product.
Yours
A.D.Karve
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Luke Gardner <lgardner at wwest.net> wrote:

>   Mark and ALL,
> I make some top notch smoked salmon, and know what it takes to make people
> say “wow! that is really good”.  the funny thing is that what it takes to
> properly smoke salmon is pretty much exactly what a guy tries to avoid with
> the gasifier a cold tar laiden smoke.  Is this harmful to your health????
> it doesn’t matter as it tastes good enough “to die for”, it just makes me
> wonder, have our genetics been time altered (somewhat like the signaling
> network of the trees you talk of) to be predisposed to enjoy the taste of
> something cooked over a “cold/smoky fire”?
> Luke

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)