[Gasification] Gasification of briquettes

john blount johnblount448 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 08:06:55 CST 2011

I have a gasifier (Fluidyne design) that works excellently with two inch chunks of wood, but when we switched to burning briquettes (compressed shavings and sawdust) everything changed so much that we no longer can sustain gas production, plus have extreme amounts of slipped char and cyclone particulates.
Has anyone experience in gasifying such fuel?
The swelling from steam in the hopper causes bridging that did not occur with the chunks, but that should be easily overcome, perhaps with a monorator hopper?
Thanks,
John Blount