[Gasification] Ceramic Filter Candles

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:14:32 CST 2011

Dear rant, Hugh and All

Interesting idea.

In my book, charcoal has the same vascular-cellular structure that was in the wood, shrunk 15% in all dimensions.

According to Hugh Mclaughlin, it is like potato chips at the atomic level.

When I grind it up in a food blender, I get a "smoke" of very fine particles leaking out.  I believe that by attaching a small air supply to the blender I could make a charcoal "torch".

Now comes Arnt's suggestion for making a composite.  I think it should be a small % of starch, so that the final statue/jet d'art/briquette could be pyrolysed to a high density charcoal or GRAPHITE.

(this might require baking above 800C.). It could have a density of 2.0 and drive nails.

Graphite electrodesaremade at 3000 C!

Comments

Tom Reed, Pyrologist

Dr Thomas B Reed
President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
www.Woodgas.com