[Gasification] Ceramic Filter Candles

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 16:12:47 CST 2011

Ben,

An automotive catalytic converter comes to mind that occasionally could be "burned" out and purged by reverse flow in a "cleaning" operation, separate from the gas filtering.  It may take a few to have replacements when the pressure differential gets large and you have neglected the required cleaning (burning, purging).  Cleaning would seem to come from a diverting valve to the flare and an air supply (making flow backward).

I have no idea how fine a CC will filter.  Just a thought for comment, since you want inexpensive and readily available parts.

One car dealer in Indianapolis had (I think I recall) about 60 of them taken off of new cars in one night.  That's impressive... no matter how you look at it!  Thieves like inventors, are very resourceful.

Regards,

Toby Seiler
Seilertechco