[Gasification] ideal wood gas engine

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:41:57 CST 2011

Dear List,
The bagasse, which is burned in the furnace of a sugar factory contains
about 50% moisture. Would anyone explain why they do not use dryer bagasse
containing less moisture? Is it possible, that the water vapour in the
bagasse reacts with the charred biomass to produce producer gas, thus adding
to the fuel value of the biomass?
Yours
A.D.Karve
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Henri Naths <c_hnaths at telusplanet.net>wrote:

>  Dear Dr A. D. Karve
> Material handling is a definite factor with biomass with a moisture content
> of 50%. I posted the question in respect of those opinions given ( I don't
> have the band with to do the research right now myself) I do concur with
> your colleagues on their opinion the simplest is often the best. Thank you
> for the insight.
> Henri Naths
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 21, 2011, at 6:31 AM, Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   Dear Naths,
> I am not an expert on engines of any kind. I was just quoting the opinions
> of somebody else.
> Yours
> A.D.Karve
>
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Henri Naths <c_hnaths at telusplanet.net>wrote:
>
>>  Dear A D Karve
>> I need 100 hp @ 1800 rpm how much biomass would a sterling burn up per
>> hr?
>> Henri
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

*Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *