[Gasification] NZ Earthquake, OT

doug.williams Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Thu Feb 24 21:25:04 CST 2011

Hi Dave,

Yes, what a tragedy after Christchurch surviving last Septembers earthquake without any loss of life. I live North of Auckland city in the North Island, and a long way from the trouble. If we have anything here, it will be volcanic eruption, and a nasty situation for all. NZ is on the edge of the Pacific Plate and ring of fire, so there is potential for a lot of ongoing tragedy in this part of the World.  As a small country, our government encourage us to have a earthquake box prepared just in case, as little warning of any value can be assured. Most I talk to just cannot imagine the need, so hope that will at least change now with such a nasty wake-up call.
..
Thanks for the kind thoughts, and help from the emergency response teams arriving from many countries.
Regards,
Doug.

hi doug.
i would have to take it from this post that you have survived the troubles in your country.

dave