[Gasification] Gasification Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1

Bill Klein Bill_Klein at 3iAlternativePower.com
Mon Jan 10 17:36:03 CST 2011

Greetings to each of you!

I think, before we go any further, it would be great to set the record straight.

I was a teacher albeit on the university level.
I worked for the government as well, for too many years.
I build gasifiers.

My statement about those that can, do, etc. was directed towards the foolishness that was arising from the misuse and bastardization of to, time tested terms: "producer gas" and "syngas" and was aimed at the authors of the quotations of government documents and academicians, neither of whom would recognize a gasification system, but were, nevertheless, used as an authority to underscore a fallacious argument as they blatantly tossed about incorrect terminology.

There was no intention of denigrating the professionals who have resisted writing papers or making speeches about subjects for which they lacked knowledge.

There's an awful lot I don't know, but, let's face it. There are those that do not know that they don't know and are too full of themselves to admit such ignorance. It is almost a pity, but they are out there and will always be with us.

If my earlier comments offended anyone, kindly accept my most humble apology. I am sorry.

Respectfully,

Bill Klein,
3i