[Gasification] Small system blue prints?

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:42:18 CST 2011

Dear Mark

In this case, old tech may be better than new tech.  I've tried many improvements only to realize that the original Imbert design was pretty good and pretty simple. (See our books at Woodgas.com).

The community Power (GoCpc.com) burns all the tars in the gasifier down to less than five? Ppm, and is completely automated, but is much pricier.  The gas is clean enough for making FT diesel.  The Imbert system hooked to a generator might have cost $3000/kW hr, but I haven't seen a figure for CPC or others today.

I hope we can get some comments here from others on cost vs benefits...

Tom Reed

Dr Thomas B Reed
President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
www.Woodgas.com