[Gasification] Manure Gasifier in Colorado

Chad Johnson enviroteck.in at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:53:42 CST 2011

Hello Li,
I don't want to discouraged you but this is not a well developed field.
Litter gasification is something I have worked on some, though the
project is on hold due to a lack of funding. www.lostriverfarms.com
Gasification or pyrolysis is a good option though I would not rule out
digestion.  One of the main drawbacks to digestion is the lack of methagans
in the litter.  At Lost River Farms we successfully produced burnable gas
(however somewhat low btu content) that could be used in a boiler.  The key
is automation of the perimeters that produces this gas as it is not cost
effective for most farmers to hire someone to run the process.  Because this
process is somewhat complex it appears that the few companies that have
worked on these projects end up scaleing their units fairly large so as to
bring in litter from surrounding farms rather than developing their units
for individual farm use.

Chad Johnson