[Gasification] Gasification Digest, Vol 5, Issue 27

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Wed Jan 26 17:09:34 CST 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:14:45 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Mike wrote
in message <4D4080B5.000007.04060 at MIKE-PC>:

> Hi, I'm sorry for sending you this huge and garbled e-mail but this
> is what I receive from you every day. (notice all the repetition!)
> Is there something wrong with my e-mail program? I use  Incredimail
> 2.0.

..not that I can see, but the list server uses Mailman-2.1.14
which has a 7 year old bug that recodes standard 8 bit UTF-8
email messages into non-standard junk like "quoted/printable"
that many MUA's can render correctly, or worse, "base64" that
few MUA's can render correctly.

..the correct setup is UTF-8 and 8bit, even for English, it
_used_ to be ascii and 7bit, and Mailman-2.1.15 will do it
right, so I gave Erin a work-around automagic dictatorship
job idea.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: