[Gasification] Gasifier fan

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:01:33 CDT 2011

       Hi  Clement

     we have made some  expeirments  with  saw dust upflow  stove , that ate
very simple to made.

    With saw dust upflow work  well making  good gas  with moiture , but
still i wonder why the same  do not work with charcoal.Due to mass
transtransfer of  the water not redily come out frrom pores of charcaol,

   Insteam  puting water wirh carcoal
mix water with saw dustand then charcoal
This can work, may  work.BUt you need to solve the start up problems

Yiurs truely
Pannirselvam

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Clement Aigbogun <revicaig at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I have built yet another gasifier, an updraft. The design is such that a
> bed of charcoal would lay over damp materials(the water content of materials
> is far in excess of what may be found in any normal wood)
> Now because I intend to ignite from under, I want to ask if the natural
> upward draft of heat would be sufficient to create the hot bed of charcoal
> which is already placed over these damp materials(these materials are
> inbetween combustibles-the first layer of combustibles provides continous
> upward heat draft) without having the need for a fan or a blower.
> My problem with using a fan or a blower is that I may need to power it with
> electricity or batteries which are scarce commodities in rural Nigeria.
> Has anybody on this list have success with operating a gasifier without
> using a fan or blower. By success I mean consistent engine grade gas output
> everytime the gasifier is operated.
>  Clem
>
> PS- thank you for the help

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and