[Gasification] Sawdust in Fan TLUD

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Sat Jun 4 17:16:15 CDT 2011

Art,
this sounds very close to what I want to do and I cannot find it done!

I want to make pellets without having to pelletize.
After my very good experience with almond shells ( m/l 30 x 20 mm) passing
readily through 3 and 3.5 " (75 and 90 mm) spiral augers and around bends,
I want to stamp wood chips on a rotating cilindrical die into " coins" of
some 15 -20 mm diam.
I imagine some kind of hollow cylinder with holes and a matching, synchronized
cylinder with short hardened steel punches stamping the chips thru those holes
.
The stamped chips fall out of the hollow die and what has not been stamped
runs around for another chance...

Why does this machine not exist ?

Rolf