[Gasification] Sawdust in Fan TLUD

rkurt at tadaust.org.au rkurt at tadaust.org.au
Sat Jun 11 18:22:42 CDT 2011

I haven't been following this list for some time, but 4 or 5 years ago
there was a young fellow somewhere up North (In your area) who was
making balls of charcoal+grass+possibly sawdust by tumbling the
material with starch gel. He used a cement mixer with the padles
removed. The stuff formed accredion balls and after drying appeared
quite firm and possibly useful in a gasifier.
What happened to him, and his concepts. That tumbling method is also
used to make things like chocolate covered peanuts and sultanas.It can
also be used for small scale pelletising seeds.

regards,

Kurt