[Gasification] Any experience with Stak Properties 10K gasifier?

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:40:41 CDT 2011

Pete, (and list)

What, and how big, are the fuel chunks ?

most gasifiers do NOT like wood chips, or really "fine" fuel, the
interstitial space the gasifier is designed to run with, is generally much
larger than that of chips or fine feedstock, using the correct sized fuel,
in-turn, lowers the reaction core temperature, thus creating more, and more
consistant amounts, of CO. (the main flamable gas, in woodgas). (H2 and CH4
are simply "bonus" gases.....)

Greg Manning.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Pete & Sheri <spaco at baldwin-telecom.net>wrote:

>  Has anyone here had any experience running an engine using the Stak
> Properties 10K gasifier?****
>
> ** **
>
> They tell me that the JXQ-10 gasifier is a forerunner to this machine. I
> have one of those.  I’d like to be able to correspond with others who have
> this style of machine.  Currently I am having mixed results getting a steady
> flow of good gas to run my   6.5 KW Onan 1800 rpm genset from it.  On
> Saturday, I got it to deliver  about 3.8 kw for about 12 minutes, but then
> the quality of the gas deteriorated.  On Sunday a similar test produced
> worse results, but over about a one hour period, with gas quality again
> deteriorating as the test went proceded.  ****
>
>   I am not writing to waste the time of senior members here by asking them
> to troubleshoot my problems, without enough info.  Just want to show what
> kind of issues I have for those who might be involved with similar
> equipment.****
>
>   My goals are to: 1. See how much power I can squeeze out of the generator
> for an extended period of time with this gas source, and 2. To get some
> actual experience making woodgas.****
>
> ** **
>
> Looking back over my videos and notes, I can see a dozen or two things that
> I could do better next time.****
>
> ** **
>
> Pete Stanaitis****

 Regards,