[Gasification] toby's gph 460

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 10:27:08 CDT 2011

Hi Robert,

I cannot take credit for the post that you refered to... it is a combination of my previous post and Daniel Chisholm's explanation/answer.

The reason I posted was to make a determination what engine to salvage and put in a CHP that includes reforming low energy content gas to higher hydrogen and  CO content, thus much higher energy content than producer gas alone.  My air is planned at 5 psig.

I have a 7.3 diesel in a 2003 ford bus and a 460 gas with only 5000 mi..   I see reasons for using both, but fear the high CR will predetonate with the higher H and CO gas and 2 times the air (compared to natural aspirated).  (I know this does not apply to normal, even clean, producer gas).

I cannot afford to make a critical mistake building up one engine setup (diesel with 17/1), then having to change to another (gas at 10/1).  The other factor, spark, is already on the gas engine also.

Sincerely,

Toby
Seilertechco