[Gasification] Pyrolysis Oil in ICE

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Sat Mar 19 21:18:47 CDT 2011

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:09:34 -0500, Greg wrote in message
<C93DF5DAD19245B89B708EC129393648 at a31new>:
> > Jason Stewart
> >   Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:39 PM
> >
> >   A thought occurred to me overnight as I contemplated building a
> > gasifier for a car.
> >
> >   I know of people that used waster Avtur to run their car by using
> > a vapouriser, after first warming it up on petrol. Could this also
> > be done with pyrolysis oil?
> >
> >   Regard
> >   Jason
>
> IF, and ONLY IF, you where to clean the engine's intake and related
> components on a VERY regular basis (every 2 to 3 days say), AND, if
> you shutdown ON GASOLINE (eg: last 20 miles of driving).
> Theoretically, it could be done.
>
> Pyrolysis oil IS the very thing we do NOT want a gasifier producing,
> simply because it's "TAR" and that is what bends intake valves or
> pushrods, OR worse, sends a stuck valve through the top of a
> piston.......
>
> Greg Manning

..might work with new materials and lubricants, e.g. diamond composites
replacing steel and graphite or molybdenum sulphide type lubes allowing
4 digit operational temperatures, such engines would also work with wood
gas taken raw 'n hot right out of the gasifiers reduction zone. ;o)

..expensive, yes, like building a Boeing 787 787 years ago. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: