[Gasification] Chicken Litter gasification

Robert Kana sinan at biomassindo.com
Wed May 11 21:36:07 CDT 2011

Dear List,
A while ago there was some interest in gasification of chicken manure.
As a request from a customer we have been doing chicken manure
gasification, in a very simple down draft gasifer at low temperature.
Chicken manure was mixed with rice husk, we dried and gasified. Since I
don't have the gas analyzer, anybody would know the composition of the gas?
This is suppose to be a very big business and in need. Chicken farmers
do not need to much power to run the farm, but they need so much energy
to heat the chicks or the whole flack. In Europe vhere energy prices are
so expensive this might be the right way to concentrate on some gasifier
sales. The gas comes out so clean, it would be very easy to clean and
use in IC engines.
If any body has an idea or experience how to dry chicken waste, and make
a very simple control panel for the gasifier, I would appreciate.
Many thanks,
Robert
PS. Dough has always given us good advice. Now I know why my chemical
professor friend was using her dish washing waste fulid to spray the
vegetables and flowers.