[Gasification] pre mixed boiler secrets?

David G. LeVine dlevine at speakeasy.net
Mon May 16 11:55:56 CDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 02:07 AM, jim mason wrote:
> 1. keep the mixture outside the flammability limits of the fuel
> 2. keep the gas/air velocity faster than the flame front of the fuel
> 3. keep the temp below the autoignition p[o]int of the fuel

Another approach:  Add a flame holder (coarse grid or screen) in line
with the flow.  I have seen this done on burners and the flame front
backs up to the grid and stops.

Since autoignition temperatures tend to be pretty high (above 450° F),
this is not that big a problem, since if the fuel/air mix IS above
autoignition temperatures, nothing downstream will stop it.

Dave  8{)