[Gasification] Gasified rice husk for CNG tanks

randyc29 at comcast.net randyc29 at comcast.net
Fri May 20 08:30:17 CDT 2011

Hello A.D. Karve:

Thank you so much for this clarification.  If I gasify the rice husks and pipe the gas to a genset, what other steps are there to be taken to make sure the gas doesn't damage the engine?  What will be the life expectancy of a gas engine if the gas is piped directly from the gasifier (of course via some filtering)?

Second, I will reverse my idea and use biogas to store in CNG tanks.  If I do this, the question of removing the hydrogen sulfide still exists because of its corrosive nature on metals.  I've seen a youtube video of a dairy farm in california wheren he pipes the biogas straight to the municipal gas line.  The farmer had a setup wherein the hydrogen sulfide was removed.  What systems are there that take care of the hydrogen sulfide?

Thanks,

Randy