[Gasification] OT, now, Boat pulls easier than Cart?

Warner Kimo Sutton kimos at me.com
Mon May 30 13:49:32 CDT 2011

Here in Hawaii the wheel came with Europeans.
People from the South Pacific came here not knowing the land was here. Then had to come back with more people. No GPS.

 Distance on island was short and meant hand carrying, but between islands the sail was most efficient.
When the wind was light  they paddled and at night used the stars to navigate.
Imagine them sailing the whole Pacific before the horse went in front of a cart.
Okay the wheel was a great invention but the ability of an ancient peoples to understand navigation was a science learned as now an almost lost art.
No trails no maps no wheels. Just one known man still knows that art that take a lifetime to learn and pass on from the last master.
So they used the wind to pull (yes not pushed)the canoes and made the largest area populated by one race of their time-Polynesians.

We really need gasification of biomass on a large scale here to make local energy and fuels as ships do not sail here on the wind with oil.
Old tech is new tech. Now how about talk back on topic.
 Happy Memorial day in the USA.

Warner Kimo Sutton