[Gasification] back to gasification

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:46:45 CDT 2011

Dear List,
we have been looking at pyrolysis as an alternative to the
conventional wood gasification. In fact, we were already using a
charing kiln based on pyrolysis for making charcoal from agricultural
waste.  A part of the agricultural waste was burned outside the kiln
to pyrolyse the biomass inside the kiln. This was the usual oven and
retort process. This kiln was portable, and it used to be taken to the
locations wherever agricultural waste was available. Therefore we
could not make use of the pyrolysis gas. However, we can revive the
old process and see what we can do with pyrolysis gas.
Yours
A.D.Karve