[Gasification] Reanimation of biogas production from biogas depleted manure

phillip manske pdmanske at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 20:35:26 CST 2011

This is really good news.....

Abstract
In a two-phase anaerobic digestion system, with separate reactors for
the acidification phase and the methane fermentation phase, the
glucose of a 1% glucose solution was almost completely converted into
biomass and gases. The acid reactor was operated at 30°C and pH 6.0,
with a retention time of 10 h. Main products of the acid-forming phase
were hydrogen, carbon dioxide, butyrate and acetate. On a molar base,
these products represented over 96% of all products formed. On
average, 12% of the COD content of the influent was evolved as
hydrogen. The effluent of the first reactor was pumped to the methane
reactor after passing through a storage vessel. The methane reactor
was operated at 30°C, pH 7.8, and a retention time of 100 h was given.
Approximately 98% of the organic substances fed to this reactor were
converted to methane, carbon dioxide and biomass. About 11% of the
glucose fed to the digesting system was converted to bacterial mass.