[Gasification] Gasification Digest, Vol 28, Issue 7

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Dec 22 12:09:14 CST 2012

Peter,

It is a highly functional gasifier that makes two good products – gas and biochar - in variable proportions. As you know it is a challenge just to sell a gasifier in energy markets that are dominated by low cost natural gas.

I had previously understood that the 200 tpd gasifier referred to in the article was a pilot facility that was owned and operated by ICM. However, it appears that it might have also been operated on trial by the county as a means of wood waste reduction and the term ran out. That’s pure speculation but it was not generating heat or power for a customer.

Tom