[Gasification] Active charcoal

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:56:44 CST 2012

Dear Darius,
what material are you charring? We make our charcoal from leaves of
sugarcane, which are discarded during the process of sugarcane harvest. By
soaking the leaves in 5% solution of calcium chloride, dying them and then
converting them into char in a TLUD kiln gives us active charcoal. We have
not tested this process in the case of woody material. Perhaps you can do
this experiment.
Yours
A.D.Karve