[Gasification] Small-scale Finnish CHP gasifier

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Mon Jul 2 09:26:05 CDT 2012

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 20:58:41 +1000, David wrote in message
<4FF17EE1.1040002 at mira.net>:

> If their claim to have supplied these houses with heat and power
> since 2010 is accurate this represents a handy technical achievement.
>
> http://www.volter.fi/home
>
> The next question would be what it costs and how much O&M is required

..could be they don't know yet, or more likely, they haven't decided
yet, they say they started out in 2009 in the their eco village.
But go ask them. ;o)

..30 kW electric and 80 kW thermal is a good easy size to learn how
to do gasification business, nearly all successful gasifiers started
out around this size, so you're up and going with a viable business
before you start messing with other sizes, scaling down from here is
_way_ different from scaling up from here.

..that said,I'm struggling to understand their gasifier, is
it simply an open top hearth thing???  Their ash grate cone
jack idea looks familiar. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: