[Gasification] BIOCOAL - THE WOOD FUEL OF THE FUTURE

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed Jul 18 17:51:41 CDT 2012

Everyone seems to be watching the fate of the 60,000 tpy Topell torrefaction plant in The Netherlands. I understand that the plant is running, they have good financial backing, and they are planning a second plant. If anyone knows differently please tell us.

The benefits of using lightly toasted, or even partially pyrolyzed wood (compete with vapors and dirty gas), for gasification have been amply demonstrated by several members of this list. Some of the more successful efforts are closely coupled where the toaster uses heat recovered from cooling the gas or exhaust from the engine.

It works.

Tom Miles