[Gasification] Fwd: For Your Safety from Shell Oil Company - THIS IS NOT A JOKE! Clash of technologies.

Henri Naths c_hnaths at telusplanet.net
Mon Mar 19 13:54:08 CDT 2012

Thanks for your post Craig
This augments my rambling. Winning the lottery and getting hit by lightning have the same odds unfortunately. Risks are an acceptable fact of life. (Unavoidable for lightning apparently). What is avoidable is causing a fire while refueling. That risk is avoidable because the consequences are unacceptable. I don't care if the odds are a billion to one it won't happen with a cell phone or iPad. That risk is avoidable is all I'm saying. Like using your cell phone on an airplane. The odds of any interference or malfunction are very high but nevertheless the risk is avoidable because the consequences are unacceptable. Safety first.
Here in Canada the gas pumps do not have a fume return. The reason being the ambient temperature is 15 c. The temperature has been known to reach 50 c in some parts. Still an acceptable risk for the oil companies. A government weights and measures agent just told me that while I was refueling my vw jetta diesel. Das auto. Acceptable risk. Cell phone iPads and such have been know to catch fire. Unavoidable risk  What are the odds it will happen when you are refueling. That risk is avoidable.
Sent from my iPhone