[Gasification] Urban Myth?

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Mon Mar 19 20:17:30 CDT 2012

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:23:09 -0400, Thomas wrote in message
<799A88A7-A7C8-4D8C-9D25-8B8BED993322 at gmail.com>:

> Dear Roland and all
>
> I apologize if I was taken in by an Urban Myth purported

..aye, _the_ p-word. ;o)

> to come from
> Shell Oil by a good friend. It is not inconceivable that either
> catalysis by the lithium ion components

..I could believe in lithium polymer as a fire starter,
google youtube for "LiPo fire" to see the fireworks.

> or flash picture ability of
> my IPhone could ignite the 10 plus gallons of highly flammable vapors
> whooshing out of the gas tank when you fill the gasoline tank.  (I
> drive a VW Jetta Diesel, so can't check it on my car.)

..bubble in some oxygen first, if you wanna try
flashy Hollywood movie style fireworks...

> Awaiting further news....

..your friend is actually going to verify he actually sent it? ;o)

..most spam are forgeries.  This particular hoax happening on this
very list, looks like a shrewd way of targeting gasification as a
technology, by letting the list membership spew the nonsense seen
in this thread to demonstrate their purported superior knowledge,
competence and wisdom etc on gasification, combustion and climate
etc engineering.

..and, let's face it, these hoaxes are routine and should be
swatted down routinely as routinely forged "friendly" spam.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: