[Gasification] Lister on Gasoline, ingition control device?

Alex English english at kingston.net
Sun Oct 14 13:50:14 CDT 2012

Ken,
The paper from India states that there is  some de-rating for producer
gas compared to diesel with their engine. They didn't see the same sweet
spot for spark advance theorizing a need for retarding spark because of
high hydrogen flame speed. Different engine, different PG?  In their
case NOxide  emissions  increase 2 to 10 fold with increased spark
advance. Is this a concern with Mr.Lister? After CR, what accounts for
all the extra power with your test rig?

Thanks,
Alex