[Gasification] Please read this

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 24 08:34:24 CDT 2013

Metta,

  Trash --> Char does NOT equal "Biochar".  [!]   I would NEVER
recommend using the stuff in soils...

/Sierra Energy/'s Gasification. Also (probably) _not_ that NEW.   There
are many, many, many Gasification systems out there that make 'syngas'
(hydrogen and carbon monoxide) ~ and can do things /similar/ to this,
although this does seem a bit "unique"... because of this so called
"/FastOx/ chemical reaction". [?]

Best thing to do is probably to ask the folks on the "Gasification
List"... (CC'd)

P.S. A Canadian company called /Enerkem Technologies Inc/.
(www.enerkem.com <http://www.enerkem.com>) has been making Ethanol from
Trash for quite a while... probably /long/ before /Ineos Bio/ came along.

Also ... Probably none of these companies in the article are (or even
can) claim "carbon negativity"...

   But, of course, if this system /does/ work... maybe there are ways of
bringing it to Toronto...  [?]
    ... It would certainly help with the stuff** that _/can't/_ be
turned into "biochar" (and used in soils).
**i.e. the stuff that's too _/contaminated/_.
  ( My 'business partners' here in York Region /may/ be able to help
make it happen in the GTA... /if/ indeed it works. [?] )

Regards,

   Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
   Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
   www.biochar-consulting.ca
   48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
   905-707-8754
   CELL: 647-886-8754
      Skype: lloyd.helferty
   Steering Committee coordinator
   Canadian Biochar Initiative (CBI)
   President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario
   National Office, Canadian Carbon Farming Initiative (CCFI)
   Come learn about biochar in October:
     www.carbon-negative.us/symposium
   Member of the Don Watershed Regeneration Council (DWRC)
   Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
            http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
    Advisory Committee Member, IBI
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42237506675
   http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
   http://www.meetup.com/biocharontario/
   http://www.biocharontario.ca
    www.biochar.ca

"Technology is only a tool.  Sustainability is determined not by the the individual technologies, but rather how -- and even whether -- we decide to use them."
    - Lloyd Helferty