[Gasification] Commercial gasifiers in Europe

Tom Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 16:33:48 CST 2013

David and all:

 I worked for many years with Community Power Corp (see goCPC.com) before they were bought by the native Eskimo organization, AFOGNAK.  We made and installed many gasifier systems, typically generating 100 kW from waste biomass of various sorts, and operating automatically.

This is a very reasonable size for a large village.  Smaller sizes can probably use pelletized wood for convenience.

<><><>

I invented the WoodGas Campstove in 1985 in my lab at MIT after returning from a trip to South Africa, and seeing the dreadful cooking and resulting poor nutrition of the blacks there.

We have also sold many WoodGas Campstoves,  5"OD X 7" tall, (backpack size) using a small motor to produce a small flow through the fuel to gasify the fuel, and about 6 times as much air to burn the fuel, with a horizontal flame like