[Gasification] PYROLISIS OF BIOMASS

Efthymios Kantarelis ekantarelis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:07:36 CST 2013

Tar according to definition by Mline  is  compounds from benzene to
pyrene(  I think)
in biomass pyrolysis the best definition is condensable vapors that are
fragments of original biomass feedstock and mainly of phenolic structures
(the compounds from lignin decompositon) bio-oil
char is the solid by product of pyrolysis (mainly carbon and ash).
biochar is another definition of  which is used as soil additive since it
containes carbon and nutricious minerals for plants.
more info can be found in  chapter 8 in this  book :

http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9780415620888

On 6 December 2013 20:17, MANUEL BARBA <manuelbarba1952 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  SIRS
> MAY BE SOMEBODY MAY AWSWER FOLLOW QUESTIONS:
> 1.-ABOUT PYROLISIS OF BIOMASS,
> *TAR ARE SAME DEFINITION OF VOLATILE GAS WHEN BIOMASS IS USED LIKE FUEL
> *CHAR IS THE SOLID WASTE AFTER  PYROLISIS?
> *BIOCHAR   ARE SOLID RESIDUES FROM PYROLISIS AND ARE SAME OF SOLID  WASTE
> INCLUIDING ASH AND IT CAN BE USED AS A ORGANIC ENHANCE OF SOIL CALLED   THE
> "TERRA PRETTA"
> THANKS

Efthymios Kantarelis
Chemical Engineer, Lic.