[Gasification] Biochar et al.

Robert Deutsch robdeutsch at online.com.kh
Mon Dec 9 03:49:36 CST 2013

Dear DJM, I have never heard of Hugelkultur either, but a Google search did
turn up a number of hits.  Looks interesting, but I have always heard that
uncomposted woody material put into the soil without adequate nitrogenous
materials will actually draw nitrogen out of the surrounding soil as the
little microbes need both C and N to thrive.  A balance of 20:1 to 30:1 is
recommended for successful composting.

I just remembered the radio show I heard on rock dust recommend igneous rock
dust (ie Basalt or Granite).