[Gasification] HKG BIONEAR GASIFIER

Fredrik Ek fredrik.ek at xylogas.fi
Sun Dec 15 01:19:17 CST 2013

Gasification list,

Turos Team HKG Bionear and Bioneer have nothing to do with each other as

far as I know. HKG Bionear does not produce tarry updraft gas that is

cracked with the help of an external reformer like did Bioneer.

The mentioned gas composition H2 ~25 %, CO ~45 % is not achievable when

using only air as oxidant. Water and air is used, but from where is the

needed energy taken?

The dripping clear and smell free condensate I mentioned earlier came from

a temporary experiment installation, an installation like that that can be

seen on other youtube clips on internet with an insulated gasifier and a

gas burner burning in open air. On that video the gas line contains many

components. One of these is a small MHD generator for testing, not as such

essential for the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfIgxzd1rHA

In the video a catalyst is stated to be used and heavy hydrocarbons to be

recirculated into the process. With lower moisture content in the wood fuel

than 50 - 60 %, water is added to the process.

Turos Team (Bionear)state that they remove not more than a couple of

litres of ash and soot per week from one trap, and no condensate at all.

The rest of the ash is stated to be gasified and leave the gasifier in

gaseous form. When unfiltered gas burns at the flare in Lestijärvi, no

sparks or flyash can be seen in the flare, but otherwise the flare looks

pretty much like I´m used to see clean unfiltered and not cooled producer

gas burn in open air. Clean filtered gas burns, as we all know, with a pure

blue flame invisible in daylight.

Filtered and cooled blue burning gas burns very well, I asked a friend of

mine to extinguish burning gas being blown from my wood gas trailer a few

days ago. Despite trials to press the end of the gas hose towards ice and

snow on ground, he could not get the flame go out, nor could I.

It might seem odd that heat can be more valuable than electric power for

an owner of a power plant, but this is the case for power delivered to the

grid here in Finland. In Finland roughly 1/3 of an end customers power

price is the electricity itself, 1/3 is transfer costs and the last third

taxes.

Fredrik Ek

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:52:37 -0800, Tom Miles <tmiles at trmiles.com> wrote:

> I thought that I was the the only one getting duplicates. We'll check.

> Thanks

> Tom

> Sent from my iPad

>> On Dec 14, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Doug <Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>> Hi Tom,

>> Quite possible, but the name more often than not retains the original

>> technology concept, but has evolved to a higher development level. That

>> seems to happen each time a technology changes ownership(:-)  This

>> Bioneer still looks very good though.

>> Am I the only one receiving double posts of the Gasification List

>> messages?

>> Doug Williams'

>> Fluidyne.

>> On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 15:36:26 -0800

>> "Tom Miles" <tmiles at trmiles.com> wrote:

>>> Doug,

>>> I think that HKG Bionear must be different from the old Bioneer. If I

>>> recall