[Gasification] HKG BIONEAR GASIFIER

George Fletcher g4fletcher at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 12:41:21 CST 2013

I do remember an accident at a factory producing carbon brake discs.
This was in a water cooled induction furnace under high vacuum and full of
natural gas.
The cooling coil sprung a leak and the water and carbon pads at around
800'C (I think) produced CO and H2 faster than the vacuum ejector.
The 5 ton lid flipped every now and again producing a jet of blue flame.
Also I remember from my college days references to water gas.
I must dig out my old text books but I am sure that carbon and steam can
produce CO and H2.

Kind regards
George Fletcher B.Sc.
gf-consulting
+44 (0)7777668941
for help and advice on biomass, chp, & energy efficiency