[Gasification] [Stoves] Chip Guillotine was Re: Wood heating in the UK - whole log gasification

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 05:46:18 CST 2013

[Default] On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 06:53:17 +1300,Doug
<Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>Hi Jeff and Paul,
>
>It's been a few years since I assembled this concept guillotine design into a drawing, and I emphasis concept. It was to show a principle of slicing the fibres as the force of the blade was applied with as much rotation of the blade possible. How the dimensions are determined can be proven using a cardboard mock-up and leaves plenty of room for innovation relating to the features you mention.

We have chippers that use disc blades:

http://www.greenmech.co.uk/greenmech-disc-blades/

They are definitely not supposed to rotate in use but easy enough to
mount so they do, the diameter is much smaller than your design at
100mm (4") diameter but they may make a simple entry for a 1/3
dimension proof of concept.

I have several but the postage may be prohibitive or I can ask a
machine shop here to assemble something given a few more dimensions.

AJH