[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 10:12:07 CST 2013

Dear Tom,
 In India, peope buy drums of bitumen in a hardware shop and use the
same in making wooden poles termite proof, in making asphalted areas
in their own yards and also in waterproofing the house tops. Huge
quantities of bitumen are used by the Government in road construction.
I was told that bitumen is obtained as a byproduct when the raw
petroleum is fractionally distilled to obtain fractions like kerosene,
diesel, petrol, LPG etc. Is the tar, which is a component of pyrolysis
gases same as bitumen?
Yours
A.D.Karve