[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Sun Feb 3 01:01:46 CST 2013

Jeff,

Any new boiler is safe (for the purposes for which it was
intended). This well may include biomass pyrolysis gas,
coal, or practically any other fuel. Boilers ARE safe and
have redundant safety systems.

A used boiler, of uncertain provenance, could have thin
tubes or be installed incorrectly or be operated without
some of its critical safety systems intact. These systems
not only prevent calamity but protect the integrity of the
boiler. But a boiler will not last without good water
chemistry.

However, there is nothing inherently unsafe about steam.
Water transfers more heat per unit of mass than any other
substance. Steam is an extremely convenient medium and is
ubiquitous in industrial applications of all sorts, and
nearly universal in the power generation industry.

Have no fear!

Mark