[Gasification] Power Pallet

stuart mather kneebraceboy at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 30 21:01:30 CST 2013

Has anybody heard of a small scale rotating drum retort approach to pyrolysing sawdust, rice husks etc? It seems to me it would eliminate the problem of uneven heating. Come to think of it i'ts probably the way to ensure even pyrolysis of woodchips too. Whole carcass spit roaster turners are readily available, so the engineering doesn't seem that difficult.The exhaust gas vent could be at the center of rotation at the other end of the drum to the drive mechanism. Insulating the rotating retort might be a challenge though.
Stuart.