[Gasification] Mini Grid Load Following With a Biomass Gasifier

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:40:40 CDT 2013

Hi Tom, (And List)

The work I've done involves much of what is in this thread.

First off, the governor is more important that the gasifier's ability to
perform. Myself, I'm using the Woodward "L series " programmable units,
they are "all in one" and can be configured for just about anything you can
throw at it, even droop, and ramp up.

Because they (Woodward) use a HAL effect sensor on the teeth of the
flywheel, the regulation can be set "tight" or "loose" (as needed by the
local utility)

The L series meets all the spec's to conform to IEEE power transmission
standards of the North American Grid, be it Local or Interstate,
interconnection.

http://www.woodward.com/EngineThrottleValves.aspx?terms=l%20series

Greg Manning
http://www.cangas.ca