[Gasification] Charcoal/Biochar making

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at hughes.net
Wed Mar 27 17:47:23 CDT 2013

Dear Dr. Tom,

I never had the time to try your Pyramid carbonizer with wood but some
of the nicest wood charcoal that I've produced was made on the ground in
small amounts. I just started a fire and kept adding wood on top as long
as it burned clean. To stop the process I covered it with 1/2 of a 55
gallon drum.

I did try your Pyramid with weed bales without much luck BUT I did have
results applying the Roger Simpson method with a Pyramid/Cone pile.

Cheers,

Jeff