[Gasification] 15kW gasifier generator installed for maizemilling

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu Oct 3 07:30:27 CDT 2013

Dear Rex
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rex Zietsman" <rex at whitfieldfarm.co.za>
To: "'Discussion of biomass pyrolysis and gasification'"
<gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Gasification] 15kW gasifier generator installed for
maizemilling

> The water is going to be used to "paint" forest trees to combat borer
> beetle.

# There seems to  be a widespread belief that dipping fence posts in wood
tar can extend their useful life. However, there seems to be very little
evidence to support this belief.  In this study of Fence Post Life,
http://juniper.orst.edu/post-farm.htm#summary
wood tar was not even considered as a preservative material.  Have studies
been done to show that the "blackwater" is effective against "the borer
beetle"?

# Some "Borer Beetles", such as the "Spruce Bark Beetle" typically attack
overmature trees that are already in the dying process, but generally do not
atack younger healthy trees. Other beetles, like the Ash Borer Beetle,
typically attack healthy Ash trees  Is thewre any information on which
species of "borer beetles" that the "gasifier blackwater" can control?

Thanks!

Kevin

The ash is going to be added to a fire to be burnt out.