[Gasification] Demonstration and Training Unit

Steven Barber (RIT Student) stb4703 at rit.edu
Thu Apr 3 06:14:23 CDT 2014

Hi Tom,

I've been doing some research on the price of commodities for several years
now. Since global producers of oil can quickly ramp up (or down) production
to meet any level of current demand, we can essentially take out supply and
demand out of the equation (except for the very short term refinery
explosion, Nigerian coup, etc.). Since oil is priced in dollars, the
relative value of the dollar itself determines the price of oil. More
value, less dollars needed to buy, less value, more dollars needed to buy.
For stable oil prices, we simply need a steady or slightly increasing value
of the dollar.

Regards,
-Steve

--